TurboTax is a unique tax preparation software that helps you file your state and federal tax returns in a very systematic manner and also has several features through which you can maximize your tax refunds. There are different ways you can download and Install TurboTax with License Code on your computer. Often the most common method is to go to a software store and buy the TurboTax software CD and follow the installation steps. However, if your Windows does not have a CD drive you will not be able to install the software. It is important to note that if you do not install the software correctly you will constantly receive errors whenever you use TurboTax.
Different TurboTax Versions
- TurboTax Basic: As the name suggests it includes basic features and recommended for tax situations with little income, few deductions etc.
- TurboTax Deluxe: This version comprises the features of basic versions as well and is suggested for slightly complicated taxes. It is feature with extra searchable deduction escalator. You can attempt up to 350 deductions and credits included checking the value of charitable donations.
- TurboTax Premier: For the more complex tax this version is recommended. It comprises of all the features of Deluxe version and extra advanced tools that calculate loss or gain fromstocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans.
- TurboTax Home & Business: It comprises of all the features of all the above versions and helps to complete Schedule C for business owners. You can find the details related to every version offered by Turbotax.ca/download in Canada by clicking on the link here.
Get Started with TurboTax
Let’s begin the download for you.
For TurboTax to download and file your taxes, sign in or create an account.
Quick Steps to Download & Install TurboTax with License Code
- Go to the “Install TurboTax with License Code” and click on Download button.
- Select the version of TurboTax you want to install: Basic, Deluxe, or Premier.
- Enter your license code in the License Code field and click on Continue.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions.
If you purchased a TurboTax cd and license code. Where to Enter it?
You should be asked to enter the license code after installation. If you purchased the CD, but do not have a CD drive, you may still use the license code.
- After the Setup install turbotax with license code account
- It’s a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that can be locate on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip.
- Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
- Download your software and install.
- When you get to the Your product is installed, now let’s activate it screen, enter your install turbotax with license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.
How to Activate TurboTax?
To activate TurboTax Live Federal & State, plus E-file product, you’ll need the 16-character activation code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found:
- On the product box insert; OR
- In the retailer e-delivery confirmation email and/or account order history
- If you purchased TurboTax Live online (not in-store) and didn’t receive your activation code or cannot find it, then contact the retail company it was purchase from to request a copy of the activation code.
- If you purchased TurboTax Live in-store and have lost your activation code, contact us.
- Go to activate.turbotax.com to sign in or create an turbotax account, and then enter turbotax activation code
- Even if you’ve already started your taxes for tax year 2020, you’ll still need to activate turbotax code
- Select Continue and then select your state.